Vanguard Participant Services at 800-523-1188 https://retirementplans.vanguard.com/
Macomb County has partnered with Morgan Stanley as the Investment Advisor to evaluate the Macomb Retirement Plans to monitor investments and ensure compliance. The Investment Policy Statement (IPS) defines the investment goals and objectives of the Plans (457b and 401a). The IPS will provide a structured process when making decisions regarding fund options.
457(b) Deferred Compensation - Plan #078097
All part-time and full-time employees have the opportunity to participate in the Deferred Compensation Plan & Trust. To begin participation, please review the investment tools and information links provided below, then complete and return the Enrollment Form by mail or fax to Vanguard. Vanguard will establish your account in the Plan and electronically transmit your deduction amount to the County Finance Department to enter and maintain your payroll deduction.
All other information and account maintenance will be handled directly with Vanguard Participant Services.
- Vanguard Plan Brochure
- Vanguard Plan Highlights
- Vanguard Investor Questionnaire
- Vanguard Asset Allocation
- Vanguard Enrollment Form
- Vanguard Investment Options
- Vanguard Macomb County Fund Lineup
- 2019 Contribution Limits
401(a) Defined Contribution - Plan #097515
Macomb County has a defined contribution 401(a) plan. The required employee contribution is three percent (3%) of base wages. The County generously contributes six percent (6%) of base wages per pay period. Employees are vested after five (5) years of service and are eligible to increase the contribution to four percent (4%) of base wages per pay period with a County match of eight percent (8%) of base wages per pay period.
Name a Beneficiary
- If you have more than one plan account, you must designate a beneficiary for each account.
- Register for online account access at vanguard.com/register; you will need your plan number.
- To name a beneficiary or change beneficiary information, log on to vanguard.com/retirementplans, select Menu/My Profile/Beneficiaries.
- You can access your account from your mobile device, go to vanguard.com/bemobile to download the Vanguard app.
2019 One-on-One Sessions (tentative)
- March 26th and 27th at Retirement Services, a division of Human Resources and Labor Relations
- June 11th and 12th at Department of Roads
- August 6th and 7th at Health Department
- October 15th and 16th at Retirement Services, a division of Human Resources and Labor Relations
All sessions at Retirement Services, a division of Human Resources and Labor Relations
- April 17th and 25th
- May 14th and 30th
- July 10th and 18th
- September 10th and 19th
- November 13th and 21st
Macomb County has partnered with Morgan Stanley to evaluate the investments in the Macomb Retirement Plans to ensure compliance, investment monitoring, education and access to a licensed financial advisor. They will offer advice and education regarding your investments in your current Vanguard plan and are also offering to do an overall financial review and put a financial plan together with your specific family goals in mind. Contact:
- Erik J. Burger, Financial Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 740-7160
- Michael Cho, CRPS®, CPFA®, Financial Advisor at Michael.Cho@morganstanley.com or (248) 848-8037.